AFL Expert Tips for Round 16, 2022
Another big week of footy is upon us, and our model is here to help with your AFL tips for Round 16.
Here a week late? Check out our AFL expert tips for Round 17, 2022.
Using Stats Insider's data-driven tips is important as Round 16 of the 2022 AFL season could be pivotal for AFL tipping.
We have AFL footy tips for every game this weekend, which are based on 10,000 simulations of each AFL match.
Australia's leading sports data site, Stats Insider, can give you the edge in your tipping competition with its AFL expert tips.
RELATED: Tips for Every AFL Game
AFL Round 16 Tips
Brisbane vs Western Bulldogs
Round 16 action gets underway with Brisbane given a 76% chance of winning against the Western Bulldogs, who have a 24% chance.
RELATED: Why Brisbane Should Be Worried
Brisbane vs Western Bulldogs is at the Gabba on Thursday, June 30 at 7:20pm AEST.
Carlton vs St Kilda
Friday night footy heads to Docklands this week, with the Blues favourites against the Saints. Carlton is projected as a 60% win chance, while St Kilda has a 40% win chance.
RELATED: The Concerns at Carlton Are Mounting
Carlton vs St Kilda is at Marvel Stadium on Friday, July 1 at 7:50pm AEST.
Essendon vs Sydney
The Bombers take on Luke Parker and his Swans this Saturday, with Essendon projected as a 33% chance of winning. The likelihood of a Sydney win this week is 67%.
Essendon vs Sydney is at the MCG on Saturday, July 2 at 1:45pm AEST.
Adelaide vs Melbourne
After getting back to winning ways last week, Melbourne has an 83% win probability against the Crows, with Adelaide projected as a 17% chance.
Adelaide vs Essendon is at Adelaide Oval on Saturday, July 2 at 4:35pm AEST.
Geelong vs North Melbourne
As the heaviest favourites of Round 16, Geelong is projected as a 99% win chance, with North Melbourne just a 1% chance of causing what would be the upset of all upsets.
Geelong vs North Melbourne is at GMHBA Stadium on Saturday, July 2 at 7:25pm AEST.
Gold Coast vs Collingwood
The closest game of the round looks set to be played in Queensland this week, with Gold Coast projected as a 54% win probability against Collingwood, which has a 46% chance of winning.
Gold Coast vs Collingwood is at Metricon Stadium on Saturday, July 2 at 7:25pm AEST.
Richmond vs West Coast
After going down to Geelong last week, Richmond has a 94% chance of bouncing back against the Eagles, who are projected as a 6% chance of making it two wins in a row.
Richmond vs West Coast is at the MCG on Sunday, July 3 at 2:10pm AEST.
GWS vs Hawthorn
Hawthorn has a 36% chance of winning in New South Wales this weekend, with GWS favoured to win at a 64% likelihood.
GWS vs Hawthorn is at Giants Stadium on Sunday, July 3 at 3:20pm AEST.
Fremantle vs Port Adelaide
The final game of Round 16 sees Fremantle as a 70% chance of winning and continuing its run to finish in the top four. On the other hand, Port Adelaide has a win probability of 30%.
Fremantle vs Port Adelaide is at Optus Stadium on Sunday, July 3 at 5:20pm AEST.
Expert AFL Tips for Round 16
- Gold Coast
All footy tips and probabilities in this article are correct at time of publishing and subject to change.